Updated: Jun 12
There are so many questions surrounding, a Wedding Coordinator and a Site Venue Coordinator.
Many prospective clients are confused about what the differences are. Just like there are differences between a Wedding Planner and Wedding Coordinator, there are also major differences between the Wedding Coordinator and the Site Event Coordinator. It's not your fault, when advertising, that's usually how some venue's reel you in. What are the differences?
First and foremost, a Site Event Coordinator is only there to manage the venue, not necessarily your entire event. There only job is to make sure that their venue provides you with the space and its amenities. Basically, they want to make sure that nothing falls apart (building wise).
Here are at least 10 things a Site Event Coordinator WILL NOT do on your wedding day.
1. They will Not provide you with a timeline.
2. They will Not make sure your vendors are in place and on schedule.
3. They will Not direct your wedding.
4. They will Not keep you calm and from falling apart when your nerves gets the best of you.
5. They will Not make sure the wedding party is on schedule.
6. They will Not make sure your wedding gifts, not grow legs and walk.
7. They will Not make sure your divorced parents, (who can't stand each other) not be seated together at the reception (ijs).
8. They will Not make sure your grandparents or elderly guests are taken care of. (I just have a special place in my heart for the elderly).
9. They will Not provide reception introductions.
10. They will Not make sure you have the wedding that you've planned for month's become a reality.
There are sooooooo many other examples that I could add to this list but we don't have that kind of time.
Sorry if this just messed your using the Site Venue Coordinator expectations up.
A Wedding Coordinator is there to manage EVERY aspects of your wedding day! So before you say,"I'll just use the Venue's Site Coordinator think again.
Want to stay connected for more tips and resources join our email list: